Free Rein Guest Ranch is a professional, commercially registered all-inclusive Guest Ranch, fully licenced to provide your family ranch experience.
For your safety, comfort and reassurance, we are proud to be fully fledged long-term members of the BC Guest Ranch Association.
This assures you and your family that we comply with all necessary regulations concerning your health and safety during your ranch stay.
• We hire salaried and insured staff who have the appropriate training and experience (not unpaid volunteers)
• Our horses are fully trained, regularly monitored and fully vet checked twice yearly to ensure their safety and competence for work
• We follow in house training policies and procedures for both equines and humans
• All of our health and safety policies and procedures were created incorporating both WorkSafe BC and FARSHA (the Farm and Ranch Safety Association) guidelines as well as complying with the parameters of our commercial insurers
• We possess all relevant permits, permissions and licences with BC’s Interior Health Department to ensure the safety of your food and water. Water is sampled and tested regularly for your reassurance and our premises are government inspected and approved
• We hold a fully operational commercial recreation tenure with the BC government to operate legally with appropriate insurance on Crown land
• We have full liability insurance in place which suitably covers you and your family for all your ranch activities
• Our ranch property is zoned appropriately as commercial, we are not a private ranch home offering accommodation with added activities
• All our guests will be provided with sufficient safety equipment (riding boots, helmets and body protectors for children when necessary)
• We are completely committed to your safety and enjoyment and guarantee that we always comply with the applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and standards currently governing the BC wilderness tourism industry. Free Rein Guest Ranch operates professional level due diligence for your confidence in your vacation experience
All that being said! We now invite you to join us at our family owned guest ranch situated amidst some of British Columbia’s most beautiful Canadian wilderness. With rolling hills and hidden lakes, secret meadows and secluded trails to explore under vast Western skies, the perfect backdrop for your ranch retreat awaits you here with us at Free Rein Guest Ranch.
Our wonderful 285 acre ranch is located in British Columbia’s South Cariboo region, located on the world famous Fishing Highway at Bridge Lake. We’re surrounded entirely by boundless forest range, quite simply the perfect location for days of exploration and adventures in the saddle. The ranch is conveniently located en route between Vancouver and the Rocky Mountain parks of Jasper, Lake Louise and Banff, absolutely ideal for those guests incorporating a ranch stay into their Canadian adventure itinerary.
Whatever your previous saddle experience, we have a variety of western riding to inspire you. Complete beginners, advanced riders, single travellers, couples, groups of friends and families with children are all very much welcome here at Free Rein. Be sure to check out our rates and specials to find the all-inclusive package that suits you best.
Come and explore our amazing landscapes and enjoy our western hospitality. Experience an intimate, hands-on horse adventure with riding lessons and natural horsemanship clinics included in your stay with us.
With a maximum of just 12 guests, we promise that your ranch and riding experience will be exactly as you plan it. We guarantee small and intimate riding groups, always tailored to your own specific needs with no tedious nose to tail riding out on the trail.